The Basics (How to play Daily Fantasy Sports)
Daily Fantasy Sports is a type of manager game where you are competing against other people. The goal of the game is to select a lineup of players that you think will play well in the real world of a given week. A typical Daily Fantasy Sports contest lasts only a few days and at the end of the week the person with the most amount of points is declared the winner.
There are many different sports for you to choose from. There are contests running for: Football Golf MMA American Football Basketball Hockey & More.
You can compete and win money for free in tournaments known as “Freerolls”, or you can buy-in to some of the larger tournaments for the chance to win big. The biggest prize ever awarded was when former poker professional poker player Aaron “aejones” Jones won a staggering $5 million dollars in the Fantasy Football World Championship.
After signing up to a site and entering a contest, you will have to select the players that you want for your lineup. If you’re playing Fantasy Football (Soccer), you will generally be selecting 11 players just like a normal starting eleven. All players have different prices depending on their performance and you will have to choose wisely to stay within your budget. Players will then get points based on their real life performance in the match. In Football, players will generally get the most points for things like Goals, Assists and Clean Sheets.
Below is how a lineup could look like using a salary budget of $100m which is the standard on sites like Fanaments. If Zlatan, Ronaldo and Hoolahan scores whilst Portugal picks up a clean-sheet, this lineup could do very well.
There are a few different variations of leagues that you can choose to compete in. You can choose to go for a big payout in a large tournament, attempt to double your money in cash games or try to win money for free in a freeroll.
- GPPs (“Guaranteed Prize Pool”. Large tournaments with a guaranteed prizepool.)
- Freerolls (Tournaments that are free to enter where you can win real money.)
- Heads-Up (2-player contest, winner doubles their money)
- 50/50 (Large field event where the top 50% double their money)
- Triple / Quadruple / Quintuple (3, 4 or 5 player leagues)
Ready to play?
- Sign-up for a Fantasy Sport League website and make a deposit (Or just play for free!) We have a list of sites here on the site with detailed information about what sports, leagues, freerolls & bonuses they offer.
- Choose a contest to participate in.
- Select your players.
- All done. Good luck & have fun!